Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. Announces Annual Promotions
Dasha Payne promoted to tax manager
Nash Tillotson promoted to tax senior
Hannah Robinson promoted to tax senior
Caitlin Knight promoted to tax senior
Annabelle Strait promoted to audit senior
Rachel Eaton promoted to executive assistant
Norfolk, Va. - Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC), a CPAmerica member firm, announces annual promotions of six employees. The firm is run by managing shareholder, Angela Kerns, CPA, HCCP.
- Dasha Payne has been promoted to Tax Manager. Payne joined WEC in 2018 with six years of experience and specializes in multi-state taxation and consulting services in the manufacturing, hospitality, and not-for-profit industries, to name a few. She also prepares individual returns for the owners and executives of those closely-held businesses.
Payne graduated from Old Dominion University where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. Outside of work she enjoys playing with her 3 year old, working out, traveling and scuba diving.
- Nash Tillotson has been promoted to Tax Senior. Tillotson joined WEC in 2018 and enjoys working on real estate and operating companies.
He graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2016 where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in History and also from East Carolina University in 2017 with a Master of Science in Accounting. If he is not working, Tillotson enjoys playing golf and spending time with friends.
- Hannah Robinson has been promoted to Tax Senior. Robinson joined WEC in 2018 as an intern and now specializes in gift tax and real estate tax returns.
She graduated from Old Dominion University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree in Accounting. Outside of work, Robinson enjoys going to the beach and playing with her dog, Wally.
- Caitlin Knight has been promoted to Tax Senior. Knight joined WEC in 2017 as an intern and was hired full-time in 2018. She works mostly with entity tax: Partnerships, S-Corps and C-Corps for operating companies.
Knight graduated from Christopher Newport University in 2018 and as an avid Equestrian, she enjoys riding horses in her free time.
- Annabelle Strait has been promoted to Audit Senior. Strait joined WEC in 2018 as an intern and was hired as a full-time staff member later that year. She enjoys working on audits for the real estate industry as well as for employee benefit plans.
Strait graduated from Florida Gulf Coast University with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Outside of work she enjoys reading and writing, as well as helping her mom with her local nonprofit for writers in Hampton Roads.
- Rachel Eaton has been promoted to Executive Assistant. Eaton joined WEC in 2018. She graduated from Wave Leadership College with a degree in Ministry and in her spare time she enjoys kayaking with her mom.
“We are excited to promote all six of these individuals,” said Kerns. “They have been an important part in building our firm and we look forward to seeing them continually develop professionally.”
About Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C.
Locally based and globally connected, WEC has spent nearly three decades perfecting the craft of financial advisory and accounting. Established in 1989 by Alvin A. Wall, Martin A. Einhorn, and Jeffrey S. Chernitzer, the firm is known for its forward-thinking culture and highly specialized advisors in a range of industries. The firm philosophy is people-first, highlighting not only the importance of relationships with clients and colleagues, but the values which make those relationships possible. The WEC team believes the most successful, lasting relationships are those built with confidence, cultivated by collaboration, and sustained through commitment.
The WEC team of CPAs and advisors provides a broad range of assurance, tax, and advisory services and solutions that are strategically customized to fit their clients’ unique and individual needs. These services include estate planning, entrepreneurial services and exit planning, restructuring and turnaround, business valuation, forensic accounting and litigation support, virtual office services, and family office services. The expertise of their team spans a range of business sectors, with specialized industry niches including real estate, manufacturing & wholesale distribution, retail & franchise, construction, government contracting, not-for-profit, hospitality and technology. WEC clients are as diverse in size and location as they are in product and service, ranging from sole proprietorships to multi-million dollar enterprises.
The firm is a proud recipient of numerous prestigious awards including Virginia Business’ “Best Places to Work in Virginia,” Accounting Today’s “Best Accounting Firms to Work For,” Inside Business’ “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads,” and CoVaBIZ’s “Best Places to Work.”