Summary of Experience
David joined the firm in 2004 and is head of the tax department. He focuses his practice on tax and business matters. He works with high net-worth families and their related closely-held businesses through all phases of the business cycle, including planning, growth and exit, and advises on the tax ramifications on complex business transactions.
He collaborates closely with firm and outside legal counsel on structuring issues, transactional matters and estate planning. He has substantial experience with partnership taxation matters particularly relevant to growth, joint venture and real estate clients.
David leads the firm’s tax department.
Old Dominion University, Magna Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in information systems & technology
- Certified Public Accountant; Virginia
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia - secretary/treasurer
- University of Virginia Tax Foundation - planning committee member
- CIVIC Leadership Institute - class of 2017
- Hampton Roads Chamber of Commerce - Norfolk board member
- Hampton Roads Tax Forum - board member
- Meadowbrook Civic League - president
- Norfolk Yacht & Country Club - treasurer, board of governors
- Virginia Business "Super CPA", multi-year honoree