SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
John joined the firm in 2009 and specializes in attestation and compliance audit engagements with a concentrated focus on not-for-profit organizations and real estate projects (including VHDA and HUD), and various types of operating companies.
A seasoned CPA, he is experienced with audits conducted in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Government Auditing Standards, Uniform Guidance single audit (formerly A-133), and the Consolidated Guide to Audits of HUD-Assisted Programs, issued by the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. John works with nonprofit organizations in the fields of education, health and welfare, cultural and arts, member organizations, museum and tourist attractions, and foundations. He is also involved in the review of the Form 990 tax return and consults with nonprofit clients on various projects including UBIT, compliance requirements, and risk assessment.
Old Dominion University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants – board of directors
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants Educational Foundation – former board of directors, executive committee, vice-chair
- United Way of South Hampton Roads Young Philanthropists
- Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants - Not-For-Profit Day
- Virginia Business “Super CPA”
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants "Top 5 Under 35" Honoree